CHARLOTTE, Vermont (KRON/CNN) – One Vermont dog owner, whose pup became “dangerously” sick on a trail, is taking action on Tuesday night.
She says her dog ingested THC, and she is now taking steps to make sure it does not happen again.
Zuheros is feeling much better now, but owner Liz Robert says her dog got sick after a hike last week.
At first, she thought it was a stroke or an aneurysm.
She never thought marijuana would be a possibility.
She rushed him to the vet and found what looked like human feces in his vomit.
Robert thinks that’s how her dog got THC poisoning.
“He had definitely gotten into something,” Robert said. “So when I went back on Friday morning, I actually found human feces with subway napkins and all, so there was no disputing what it was.”
According to veterinary specialists, THC poisoning is pretty common in the dogs they see.
One vet said most of the cases are from dogs eating edibles or marijuana plants, but it is possible for pups to get it from eating something